Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs) – 20 Key Questions from Central Banks Answered
Central bank digital currencies (CBDCs) have become the center of focus for numerous governments in the past few months and at this years Blockchain Africa Conference, this is a topic that will be covered extensively.
The conference is hosting a panel discussion on Day 2 of the event, “Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs) for a Regional Payment System“, and a talk by Dr. Oriol Caudevilla on China’s Digital Yuan, as well as a CBDC Masterclass, all of which will cover a range of discussion points such as:
- what are the main technological considerations for those exploring CBDCs?
- what are the economic and institutional motivation for CBDC development and implementation?
- what impact will CBDCs have in a country?
- how can CBDCs’ help deliver real benefits for citizens and national economies?
- what are the opportunities for African economies and emerging markets in this new The Africa Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA) in a global pandemic environment to leverage digital currency for growth and resilience?
ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company that has been selected by several Central Banks to build their CBDC platform (HKMA, Reserve bank of Australia, Bank of Thailand, Bank of France). As an increasing number of nations begin to investigate the integration of CBDCs, ConsenSys experts highlight in this report the 20 questions raised by major central banks and share the insightful learning from these conversations.
Check out ConsenSys’s CBDC FAQ addressing questions around payments, monetary and financial stability, CBDC functionalities, technology, infrastructure, and further innovations for Central Banks.
Download the ConsenSys Q4 Ethereum DeFi Report: here.